Monday, February 9, 2009

Dear Christine,

thank you for your letter which was waiting for me today when I arrived home tired from a busy day at the office.

Thank you for the seeds you sent. I shall look into my little collection and send some seeds back to you. But I especially wanted to thank you for your kind letter. I have now been active in gardening for a couple of years and it still astounds me how much kindness one receives from fellow gardeners. If ever there was a hobby which always gives you more than it takes, it is gardening.

And really, gardening does not take anything, it simply gives. Peace of mind, exercise, and also wonderful, open-hearted and wise friends. How lucky I feel to have found all of this!

I shall sow the seeds and grow them with care. One can buy all the world's seeds but there is nothing better than seeds you have received from a friend.

So thank you and take care Christine, I shall write you more at length with the seed letter but your letter inspired me to this... :)

Akileija Aquilegia valkoinen white